Monday 28 May 2012

Bike to Work Day

So for those who know me, know I've been getting into biking this summer. It's an AWESOME way to travel around Toronto for the following reasons:
1. It's free!
2. It usually takes around the same time as transit anyway.
3. You don't have to wait for a bus/subway/streetcar. You just jump on your bike and off you go!
4. It is a great way to fit in exercise in your day (for those who don't know me, I like to try and be active too)
As I got more, and more into biking I found out about something that got me even pumped: Bike to Work Day! The day was today, and as you guessed it, I BIKED TO WORK TODAY! Smart Commute had a station set-up in front of Vari Hall with some awesome stuff, so I decided to check it out!

Me on my way!


Some of the useful pamphlets, info, and maps I got!


They had a bike tech. from Curbside Cycle, who tuned-up my bike for free!


The awesome bike Curbside Cycle brought! 


 Lastly, FREE Tees!

The Bike to Work Day was a success! I got to talk to people about biking, and got more information! I totally recommend everyone, and anyone to bike to work, school, friends house, etc. (even from downtown- it's possible... trust me!). Happy biking everyone! :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

YuConnect